The Collina d'Oro, where the Principe Park Hotel is located, is a strategic point to visit all the beauties of the Ticino area, to reach many destinations and enjoy the activities that the area has to offer.
Here, in the midst of this luxuriant nature, you will find tradition, architecture, culture and Italian cuisine. Ticino, for its history and proximity, has always been able to combine Italian style with the proverbial Swiss precision and professionalism.
During your stay at the Canton Ticino, you can admire the beautiful mountains while comfortably sitting at an elegant outdoor cafe, tour the villas and gaze at the most exclusive buildings while on a boat ride on Lake Lugano and Locarno, space out your cultural tours while enjoying a meal in a grotto, the typical restaurant of the Canton Ticino.
All this and so much more, is what this land has to offer, a land that has taken most advantage of the unusual mix created by Italy and Switzerland, two lands so far away, but yet so close.
Located in the hills of Lugano, only a few minutes from the city center, Villa Sassa Hotel, Residence & Spa is the perfect place to discover Lugano, the lake region, mountains and the entire Ticino region.
From the Alps to the Mediterranean, the territory of Ticino is a land with many facets to discover. A corner of Switzerland that is rich in natural contrasts, where you'll discover new things to do every day, experiencing its traditions and enjoying breathtaking views.
AT JUST A FEW KM FROM PARK HOTEL PRINCIPE
- The Lugano-Magliaso Golf Club
- Possibility of practicing nautical sports
- Boat rentals and private jet cruise
- Excursions and walks, mountain bike, hiking and trekking
- Trip by funicular up Mount San Salvatore to enjoy the spectacular 360° view of the city from its summit
- Personalised daily trips to Mount Tamaro to experience its suggestive acrobatic suspended paths through the century old beech-trees of the Adventure Park and panoramic attractions like the coaster bob ride, the Tirolese (flying on a suspended cable) and Tamaro Jumping.
- Splash & Spa Tamaro with waves and slides for children and an exclusive Spa area for adults
- Don't miss the splendid Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli at 1.530 meters in altitude on Mount Tamaro, designed by the Ticinese Architect Mario Botta
- In 2003, Mount San Giorgio was included in the Unesco Heritage List thanks to the exceptional paleonthological fossil findings dating back between 230 and 245 million years ago
- The Castles of Bellinzona, amongst the most stunning examples of medieval fortified architecture of the Alpine chain has now become part of Unesco Heritage (20 minutes by car)
- Centovalli, near Locarno, may be reached in a little more than an hour's car drive: Onsernone, the Maggia and Verzasca Valleys all having very diverse altitudes, climates, flora and fauna.
- There are only 80 kilometres between Lugano and Milan, the indisputable international fashion capital, where in the 'Quadrilatero d'oro della moda', ateliers of the most important designer names in the world of fashion, design and interior decoration may all be found: it's a real shopping paradise for shopping fans.
Copyright by Lugano Tourismo
Copyright by Ticino Turismo